Good Evening everyone! This is my second blog post for today and was definitely an impromptu one at that however, after a crazy busy day I barely had any time to look at my phone (including twitter facebook instagram etc) let alone brush my hair or teeth.
However, when I finally got my baby down for the night, I opened my blogs twitter just to browse and have some mindless technology time and I see that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award! To be honest, what I saw first was another nominee thanking @CKellsC on Twitter for nominating her and I thought maybe I had just been tagged accidentally. But, again much to my surprise when I opened the notification I saw MY blog name in the list of nominees!
My heart is so full and as a new (like BRAND NEW) blogger this seriously meant so much to even be considered or to come to someones mind when they were thinking of blogs to nominate. Last night and this morning I was struggling to finish up some of the blog posts I needed to complete for the next few days and was wondering “well what really is the point if I don’t finish them or publish them on time?”
As much as I have LOVED blogging, there have been a few days over the last month or so that I have thought maybe I’ve bitten off more than I can chew, or that my growth or traffic is slower than many others I look up to. So at such a time, when my confidence in my ability to maintain and establish a successful blog and when I was feeling physically drained from my day this nomination was everything to me ! So once again I would love to extend and incredibly sincere thank you to Candace ( Twitter: @CKellsC )for my nomination! AND be sure to check out her fantastic blog at thekelleylog.blogspot.com.
As follows are the rules for theAward Nomination/Nominating Process:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
The questions I was asked, and my answers are below:
Questions for me:
2. What is your favourite food? Do I need to pick just one? Like I like to eat, and eat a variety of foods. I’ll follow the rules though and I’ll give just one answer… Cheesecake. With Burritos coming in a very close second.3. How do you handle stress? I’m working on better handling stress, since currently many of my methods are not very constructive (eg. ignoring it/ forcing it to the back of my mind until it creates more stress). However, I try to focus on the things i love doing and the things I do, just for me to relax, paint my nails with some crazy time-consuming pattern or nail art or do a craft.
4. What is the most daring thing that you’ve done? The most daring thing I have done.. Tough one to pick however I’d have to say, the summer after high school, I applied (and was accepted) to college to be a massage therapist and before school started I reminded my acceptance and took a month long volunteer trip to the Galapagos Islands (just off the coast of Ecuador).
5. Where is your favorite place that you’ve visited? I was very fortunate as I was growing up to be able to travel to many different locations, but one of my most favourite places I have traveled was Greek and the Greek Islands.
6. What is your definition of success? Being happy is being successful.
7. Do you consider yourself a creative person? Yes, I definitely consider myself to be a creative person, 1000%.
8. How did you meet your best friend? I met my best friend Shelina (who has recently passed) in the whole wide world, in grade six, at the edge of a soccer field at the beginning of the school year. I was new to the school and to the town and since it was an incredibly small town everyone else had known each other basically since kindergarten. She walked right up to me, as I sat by myself in the grass, and said “Hi! My name is Shelina, want to be my friend?”
9. Do you believe that there is someone out there for everyone? Yes there is definitely someone out there for everyone. though i don’t believe the over the course of your life there i only one “someone” for every stage of your life.
10. What do you do for writers block? Taking a walk. Seriously, it has done WONDERS for me. Even just popping my baby into a snowsuit and into he stroller and taking a stroll once around the block is refreshing not only physically but mentally, like being outside gives me more space to think.
11. Where do you plan to look for inspiration for future blog posts? Im hoping from several different locales. First I’d love to be able to interact more with my readers and find out what they want to hear about or read about. Also, since I wanted to seriously start a blog Ive been jotting down ideas to the point now that I have so many lists of things I’d like to talk about it would take me so long to get them all done. That being said, I only write about something I am genuinely motivated to write about, not just whatever is next on my list.
- If you could revisit and relive any age of your childhood what age would you pick?
- If you won some strange lottery that gave you the ability to buy any ONE item, what would buy?
- If you had three books to bring with you on a deserted island to re-read for the rest of your life what would they be?
- What is your guilty pleasure song? (you know that song that you can’t help but sing along and dance like a fool to anytime it comes on? Mines Justin Bieber.. :O)
- Would you rather have the ability to fly anywhere in the world or be invisible?
- Who is your greatest role model?
- Where do you hope to be next year with regards to blogging?
- If you could offer any advice to someone considering blogging for the first time what would it be ?
- If you were to get up in the middle of the night and grab a middle of the night snack what would it be?
- What is your dream vehicle?
- Last but not least – What is your favourite animal?